About - Mary Matha College :
St.Kuriakose Chavara - Founder of CMI Congregation
Mary Matha College , previously Jayaraj Chelladurai College founded in 1994, is now managed by "BODHI NIKETAN TRUST", formed by the members of St. Joseph Province of the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI), the first indigenous religious congregation in India. This congregation is the embodiment of the dream and vision of St.Kuriakose Elias Chavara who was a nineteenth century educationist and social reformer in India.
The CMI congregation with a membership of 3000, renders its services to the humanity in educational, social, healthcare and other activities aiming the prosperity and well-being of the society. Though Mary Matha College is a minority Institution, it strives to impart quality education without distinction of religion, caste or creed.
CMI Fathers have taken over JC College of Arts & Science in 2009 and now we are providing quality education to the students. We have at present 13 UG Courses ,2 PG Courses & 2 Research courses and all the courses are approved by and are affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University. We also offer One year Diploma Course in Catering Management.
Madurai Kamaraj University Rank Holders - 2015
A team of highly committed and well experienced faculty members handle both practical and theory classes. The academic courses in MMC focuses on core aspects of over all growth of a student, leading him/her to good level of employability. A student is provided convenience to learn and other necessary infrastructure that suits for quality education. Interactive sessions and holistic teaching methods are implemented to bring about changes in attitudes in future professionals of the Industry.The College has obtained the ISO 9001:2008 certification testifying to the outstanding quality focus built into all its systems and processes
Therefore, course curriculum has undergone several revisions over period as per the demands of the industry and the trends in technology. Apart from the syllabus, the college supports and engages its students in project work, student development programme, Industry Interface, Event management activities, Factory visits,Value education etc
Located in the scenic beauty of Kodikanal valley, against the green background of Western Ghats , on the Dindigul- Theni High way, 6 km from Periyakulam, it was the only college in the locality and was highly sought after in the early stages. It was the first self financing college in the District of Theni and was one of the leading educational institutions at that time, sources say. It has a spacious campus in an eco-friendly atmosphere.
PROFILE OF THE COLLEGE
Fr Issac Puchamkulam CMI.
B.Tech, M.Tech, MISTE
Fr Joby Alex Manjakalayil CMI
|Name of the College
||: Mary Matha College (Formerly Jayaraj Chelladurai College) |
||: Periyakulam East|
||: Tamil Nadu|
||: Madurai Kamaraj University |
||: 2(f) |
|Status of the college
||: Affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University|
||: Self Financing |
|Type of College
||: Co-education |
|No. of Departments
|No of Programmes
||: UG :13, PG : 2, Research : 2|
|Year of Establishment
||: 1994 |
|Location of the College
||: Rural |
|Area of the Campus
||: 23.5 Acres |
|No. of Teachers
||: Full Time 45|
||: 02 |
|Non - Teaching
* A college managed by CMI Fathers
* ISO 9001 : 2008 certified Institution
* Calm and Serene atmosphere to study and grow.
* Experienced and Committed faculty.
* Specialized training programmes for personality development and Soft-skills.
* Opportunity for Sports and Co-curriculum activities.
* Fully furnished Hostel for Boys & Girls , managed by CMI Fathers.
* Well equipped Lab for Hotel Management, Computer Science and Life Sciences.
* Affordable Fees structure.
* No Capitation fee.
* Opportunity for campus placements
* Glory of University Ranks
* College bus facility is available
* Only 80 km from Kumily
* Sister concern of Bangalore Kristu Jayanthi College
* Mary Matha School Theni – Another CMI Institution
* A team of highly committed and well experienced faculty members handle both practical and theory classes
* Well qualified dedicated professional faculty members
* Exclusively well stocked books, magazine, CD in a centralized library.
* Periodic seminars and workshops for the students to improve the soft skills and to compete with the global needs
* Industrial visits on various places related to the field
* Separate Hostel for boys and girls
* Exclusive training and placement cell
* Alumni Association for the final year students
|| Anandha Kumar.P
Part-I Hotel French
|| Anandha Kumar.P
Part-III Hotel Management
|| Noel Mathew
|| Dimple VS
Part-III Management Studies
News & Events